Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Author's Note: Why I Will Probably Not Be Using Anymore Screenshots

The more this project takes on a life independent of the game that very loosely inspired it, the more difficult it is to find screenshots from that game to illustrate it. Further, there's enough of ANet's IP in this thing that I'll have to scrub out if I want it to be taken seriously (which is unfortunate, but I can't just glare at the world thinking about how unfair it is and expect it to change; if I did, I would be embracing my own main character's defining flaw, and that would be ridiculous), and I don't want to be tempted to wend the story in directions where their game can provide me with easier screenshots. Finally, keeping up wordcount is starting to get hard. I am managing on raw determination now, and I want to finish the first major arc and get over 50k words with a few days to spare before the end of October so I will be able to take a couple of days off before November starts and I do NaNoWriMo.

So yeah, screenshots are unlikely to be a thing going forward. I'm sure many of my rabid fans will be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment